Introducing Storybook Shoes
Aren't these the cutest things? Okay, so maybe I'm a little biased. If she gets a good response, we'll work on making this a little more professional! I'll turn this over to Janna (my daughter) and she can tell you more!
Hello and welcome to Storybook Shoes! You might be wondering where this name came from and where I got the idea to make baby shoes. For about a year or two I'd been wanting to start some kind of business to earn money and to save for the future. I knew I wanted to do something that involved creating with my hands, but I never decided on something specific. A few months ago, however, I got the idea of crocheting baby shoes from a pair of crocheted cowboy boots someone had made for my newest cousin. I looked up some ideas on Google and Pinterest and started crocheting.
My mom has always enjoyed reading stories to myself and my siblings after dinner and before the little ones' bedtime. This hour or two of storytime became my opportunity to work on my shoes. I crocheted and sewed while listening to The Lord of the Rings and Persuasion. Hence, the name "Storybook Shoes" seemed appropriate.
Here's some basic info:
- Cost: $15 plus shipping TBD (US only), or you can pick them up if you are local.
- The shoes are made of acrylic yarn and are machine washable. Air drying is recommended, although the yarn is supposedly machine dryable as well.
- Sizes are approximate. Generally, a 6-12 month old shoe has a sole length of about 3.75 inches and a 9-15 month old shoe has a sole length of about 4.25 inches, unless otherwise specified.
- The shoes are suitable for indoor wear only and not outdoor footwear for walking babies.
- There are two styles of boots: ruffled or plain (no ruffles), button closure. Mary Janes also have a button closure.
- First come, first served. However, I am still crocheting more shoes in the sizes and colors shown below. Please contact me at the email at the end of this post.
- Limit: one pair per order.
This is what I have in stock: