Is it hot where you are? Summer is definitely in full swing over here. We're taking a break from school for the month of July so we can enjoy the fun and the sun, but I've still got some things to work on. First, let's see how last month went:
memorize the second half of Philippians 3. read Numbers and Deuteronomy. read The Mystery of Marriage by Mike Mason, in honor of our upcoming anniversary! Also read Weakness is the Way by J. I. Packer. celebrate our 19th anniversary with a date out go out with Janna (maybe on the day we go out for our Biola meeting?)
- finish up portfolios, report cards, and records for this school year. Partially done. I got my attendance finished up!
blog on my paper organization journey and what I'm doing( goal: 7 posts) You can find it here: Taming the Paper Monster. start setting up the broad goals for school for the kids(e.g. scheduling, curriculum we will cover, breaks)
- help Matthew blog
twiceonce on his Team Malaria blog. Didn't get to a second post, but at least got one in! If you'd like to see where Team Malaria is at right now, you can check it out here.
July is going to be a simple month (I hope!). At least, I am aiming towards that!
- Memorize half of Philippians 4. I'm getting there!
- Read half of Acts.
- Read Souvenirs of Solitude by Brennan Manning.
- Have one date each with Jonathan and Anah individually during our week at family camp.
- go out with Matthew for lunch
- finish portfolios and report cards for this year
- finalize Janna's high school transcript thus far
- finalize course of study for all kids for this school year
- plan for the first 9-12 weeks of our school year for each of the kids
- blog about four times on non-review subjects (about once a week)
Heavenly Father, in the midst of the summer busyness, I pray that You will be the center and focus of our lives, our home, our activities. I dedicate this month to you in love and gratitude. Amen.