Well, here we are at the end of June and things didn't quite turn out as we had expected. We were thinking that by this time, our home would have been finished and we would be settling back in by now, but that is not the way the Lord directed it. As of this writing, it is now completed, but we are going to be leaving for family camp tomorrow, so we have decided to postpone our move until after our return. But things did get done! We have officially finished our school year and the kids have even started working ahead into the next year, in advance of the time when we will be traveling and adjusting to Anah's arrival. As I had mentioned, our travel plans may happen right smack-dab in the beginning of the school year. So we are trying to get ahead while we can so that we can have the leisure to bond and connect with her as a family later. We are still doing some fun things as a family this summer though so don't worry!
So let's see how things went last month:
1. Read chapter 3 in What Did You Expect? by June 20. 2. Marriage getaway retreat to celebrate our 18th anniversary! 3. Plan and cook for Day with Jesus on June 23.
4. Move back home! Date TBD WILL MOVE NEXT MONTH.
5. Set up kitchen and office. WILL DO NEXT MONTH.
6. Finalize summer schedule of activities.
7. Bible study on money.
8. Family Sabbath one weekend.
9. Fill out year-end paperwork and report cards. 10. Write out next year's study plans for each child. 11. Start Pride and Prejudice with Janna. 12. Develop Beautiful Girlhood unit study. 13. Plan out Jonathan's 50 workboxes and activities.
14. Art and block stations---plan and set up.
15. Unit study for Jonathan: creation.
16. Read four more chapters on Fine Motor Development in Children with Down Syndrome. 17. Review Professor B math program with Jonathan and Matthew by July 16. 18. Review Apologia Who Is My Neighbor? by July 18. 19. Any other reviews for TOS Crew...
20. Finish the journaling for my 12 pages. With the move, I doubt I'll actually get the layouts done.
21. Read Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney, and if time, Love Life by Ed Wheat. READ RADICAL BY DAVID PLATT INSTEAD 22. Memorize the rest of Ephesians 4.
23. Finish Called 2 Shine virtual retreat recordings.
24. Get back to exercising again, 3-5 times per week.
25. Clean out my Earthlink mailbox!
26. Organize my bookmarks in my browser.
27. Plans for blog update: research the concept, what I envision, find a blog designer.
28. Make a posting schedule for my Facebook page and stick with it! One post minimum per day.
29. Mom University vision, purpose, etc. updated.
30. Mom University team: prayer and "test" moms.
31. Survey moms regarding mom's ministry needs.
32. Sketch out Do Hard Things class.
33. Outline of Raising Disciples: finish.
34. Blog: Summer activities and recipes posts, starting June 4 (16 posts). May continue into July.
July 2012 Goals
1. Read chapter 4 in What Did You Expect? by July ___.
2. Work with my husband to transition back into our home by mid-July.
3. Move back home by mid-July.
4. Set up kitchen and office.
5. Bible study on money.
6. Family Sabbath July 28.
7. Dates with each of the kids by end of the month.
8. Half-days of school this month.
9. Unit study for Jonathan: creation.
10. Finish Fine Motor Development in Children with Down Syndrome.
11. Work on reviews for TOS Crew.
12. Finish the journaling for my 12 pages.
13. Read Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends by the Sarah, Stephen and Grace Mally.
14. Memorize half of Ephesians 5.
15. Finish Called 2 Shine virtual retreat recordings.
16. Get back to exercising again, 3-5 times per week.
17. Clean out my Earthlink mailbox!
18. Organize my bookmarks in my browser.
19. Plans for blog update: research the concept, what I envision, find a blog designer.
20. Make a posting schedule for my Facebook page and stick with it! One post minimum per day.
21. Mom University vision, purpose, etc. updated.
22. Mom University team: prayer and "test" moms.
23. Survey moms regarding mom's ministry needs.
24. Sketch out Do Hard Things class.
25. Outline of Raising Disciples: finish.
26. Blog: Light schedule this month---Ephesians.
Heavenly Father, this month's plans belong to You. Show me how to serve my family during this transition time and may it be one of blessing and encouragement, even if I may not get everything done. In Jesus' name, Amen.