I think one of the things I need to accept is that I will need to lower my standards. I started out with very high hopes for this blog, and I still do. I am realizing however that in this stage of my life, I am not going to be able to write as I did last year. However, I also know that things will not always be this way. For better or worse, I need to accept this stage in my life as it is now. (sigh) I had planned to post my goals for January, but only got as far as my yearly goals. That did not mean that I didn't have any though. I did make a little progress! I was able to:
- begin my memory work on the first half of Philippians 1
- complete the book Margin, by Richard Swenson
- read through about 10 chapters of the gospel of Matthew
- do a mini-study on the Lord's Prayer (with the help of Discipleship Journal magazine)
- continue my 5:15 am workouts five days a week
- go out for lunch with Jonathan for his birthday
- attempt baking Italian bread (though I'm not quite satisfied with it yet)
- stock our freezer pantry with 3 types of frozen cookie dough, 2 types of muffins, and today, pizza rolls for lunch. I also made homemade cream soup mix which I used in a recipe and it worked great!
- have one young couple over for dinner last weekend
- help my husband in a weekend retreat for newlywed couples
- begin working on several review products with my kids for school
Praise the Lord!
This month, I hope to:
- finish memorizing Philippians 1
- read Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson
- read through the middle of the Gospel of Matthew
- do a mini-study on Ministry (Disciple Journal)
- limit my carb and desserts to appropriate limits, at lunch and dinner in particular
- increase my fruit/vegetable intake
- go out to lunch with Janna on Feb. 15, after MOPS
- start working through Easter hymns with my kids: Because He Lives, Christ the Lord is Risen Today, I Know That My Redeemer Lives
- have an extended personal retreat time Feb. 15
- have one family over Feb 23
- blog on Tuesdays and Thursdays, along with scheduled reviews for the Schoolhouse Crew
I also have two ministry projects, one on Feb. 16 with my husband (speaking at Wintersburg Presbyterian Church's married couples) and one of Feb. 20 with our homeschool group, orchestrating a sewing day for the kids. That should keep me busy next month, don't you think?
Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us work to do. If any of these goals are not in line with your will or plan for me, help me to surrender them into your hands, trusting that Your plans and ways are higher than my own. In Jesus' name, Amen.