memorize half of Philippians 2 read The Meaning of Marriage by Tim and Kathy Keller and Abba's Child by Brennan Manning finish the gospel of Matthew
- learn 2-3 new vegetable dishes for dinner
go out to lunch with Matthew for his birthday
- Easter hymns scheduled from last month
- extended personal time on March 15
host overnighter for the student council blog Tuesday and Thursday on a homeschooling theme(6 posts completed for "Should I Homeschool?" section...better than nothing!)
- complete lesson plans for the rest of the school year
- take a Sabbath weekend March 16-17: that is, no school work/prep, etc. (sort of...)
Other things I did that wasn't on the list:
Our home was very full this month: lots of guests and sleepovers, which kept me busy. We had two families over on two different weeks. Easter, of course. We finalized Anah's adoption and helped Janna get ready for her missions trip to Mexicali. And of course, schoolwork all through the month.
What's up for April?
- finish memorizing Philippians 2
- read The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer
- read the book of Genesis
- go out with Anah for her birthday
- host Matthew's birthday sleepover
- blog 8 times for my homeschool section "Getting Started"
- enjoy spring break with my family and friends at Zion National Park, April 2-5
- learn 2-3 vegetable dishes
- focus on one hymn this month
- personal retreat, either at home, or if possible, away from home
- finish lesson plans for school year
- outline next school year's curricula for kids
Lord, I lay my plans at your feet. May my goals not be my gods but my guides. First and foremost, may I be fully available to do Your work, even if it may not be what I have set out to do. May my fullest satisfaction be found in You, and not merely what I do. In Jesus' name, Amen.