Okay, so things got a little crazy after the new year. I was going to post this earlier, but did not get to it. Then Jonathan's 5th birthday came up and we finally got our act together this year, and we actually pulled off a birthday party for him after all the holidays were over. We started school again on Monday and this past weekend, we had a young couples retreat that my husband and I were orchestrating. The dust is finally settling and I am able to get back to posting again. Enough with the excuses.
After setting goals last year and working through them little by little, I am ready to start again with a new set of goals for this new year. Some of the goals that I have established last year are now part of my life now and I am challenging myself to move to the next level. Some are new. Some are goals I didn't reach.
1. Memorize another 150 verses. My goal is to memorize the book of Philippians, 2 Corinthians 5 and Colossians 1. I also plan to keep reviewing Ephesians.
2. Read another twelve books minimum: Margin (Swensen), Bringing Up Boys (Dobson), The Meaning of Marriage (Keller), The Hidden Art of Homemaking (Schaeffer), Bringing Up Girls (Dobson), The Mystery of Marriage (Mason), Souvenirs of Solitude (Manning), Disciplines of a Godly Family (Hughes), For the Sake of the Children (Macaulay), The Ministry of Motherhood (Clarkson), Age of Opportunity (Tripp), Raising Real Men (Young).
3. Read through the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, Psalms 1-71, Matthew and Acts in The Message version of the Bible.
4. Lose forty pounds by the end of the year.
5. Re-institute family devotions and learning hymns.
6. Plan one special at-home themed date night each month.
7. Go out with one of my children each month for lunch, three times each for the year.
8. Go through all the boxes in the guest room.
9. Set up the guest room for guests.
10. Learn how to bake different types of bread: French, Italian, foccacia, ciabatta, bagels, baguettes, etc.
11. Learn how to grow basil, oregano, mint, parsley.
12. Learn how to grow my own tomatoes.
13. Do a Bible study for Janna and her friends using Journeys of Faithfulness.
14. Complete Project Life class, one session per month.
15. Create scrapbook on our trip to China.
16. Re-do website and organize my "courses."
17. Write section on starting homeschooling on site.
18. Take a family vacation of at least 10 days.
19. Learn how to make my own pantry staples.
20. Invite at least one family over each month.
In my next post, I'll post what the goals for this month...even though we're halfway through!